02.05.2024 06:33

Новости:

TрВ-Наука: текущий номер - http://scientific.ru/smf/index.php?board=132.0

Ссылка на последние сообщения - http://scientific.ru/smf/index.php?action=recent

Сайт газеты "Троицкий вариант - Наука" - https://trv-science.ru

Иван Юрьевич Павлов

Автор Èâàí Ïàâëîâ, 21.03.2006 05:59

« предыдущая - следующая »

Èâàí Ïàâëîâ

21.03.2006 05:59 Последнее редактирование: 18.04.2006 19:57 от Иван Павлов
Ф.И.О.
Ivan Yurievich Pavlov

Год рождения

Рабочий адрес

Institute of Neurology,
University College London
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG, UK

Эл. почта
ipavlov()ion.ucl.ac.uk

Образование и научная степень

1998 Ph.D. in human and animal physiology (Rostov State University)

1990 - 1995 M.Sc. in biology; Rostov State University (Rostov­on­Don, Russia), Faculty of Biology & Soil Sciences. Graduated with honors.

Field of research

Neuroscience

•   GABA(A)-receptor mediated tonic inhibition in hippocampus
•   synaptic development and plasticity in hippocampus;
•   role of extracellular matrix-associated molecules in synaptic plasticity.

Professional expertise

2005 - present Individual expert in EU TEMPUS project (CD_JEP_25026_2004): Master Programme in Neuroscience in St.-Petersburg State University.

Член профессиональных научных сообществ:

•   Member, Federation of European Neuroscience Societies
•   Member, Brain Research Society of Finland

Работа за рубежом

2005 - present Research Fellow; Institute of Neurology, University College London, UK

2000 - 2004 Postdoctoral Researcher; Neuroscience Center and Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences/Physiology, University of Helsinki, Finland

1998 - 1999 Visiting researcher (CIMO scholarship holder); Department of Biosciences, Division of Animal Physiology, University of Helsinki, Finland

Работа в России

1994 - 1998 Research Assistant; Rostov Regional Pathologoanatomic Bureau, Department of Experimental Pathology and Electron Microscopy, Rostov­on­Don, Russia

1993 - 1994 Research Assistant; Research Institute for Neurocybernetics, Laboratory of Organization of Brain Systems, Rostov­on­Don, Russia

Премии и награды

Участие в организации научных конференций

Organizer of mini-symposium "Phenotypic analysis of transgenic animals" (14-15 May, 2003, Helsinki)

Publicatios (for the last 5 years)

In peer-reviewed journals

Raulo E, Tumova S, Pavlov I, Hienola A, Lauri S, Taira T, Rauvala H. The two thrombospondin type I repeat domains of HB-GAM display a cooperative function in N-syndecan binding and regulation of synaptic plasticity. ScientificWorldJournal. 2006 Mar 29;6:406-9.

Pavlov I, Rauvala H, Taira T. Altered hippocampal GABAergic inhibition in mice overexpressing heparin-binding growth-associated molecule (HB-GAM). Neuroscience 2006;139(2):505-11.

Raulo E., Tumova S., Pavlov I., Pekkanen M., Hienola A., Klankki E., Taira T., Kilpeläinen I. and Rauvala H. The two thrombospondin type I repeat domains of heparin-binding growth-associated molecule are necessary and sufficient for the interaction with hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2005 Dec 16;280(50):41576-83.

Pavlov I, Riekki R, Taira T. Synergistic action of GABA-A and NMDA receptors in the induction of LTD in glutamatergic synapses in the newborn rat hippocampus. Eur J Neurosci. 2004 Dec;20(11):3019-26.

Pavlov I, Lauri S, Taira T, Rauvala H. The role of ECM molecules in activity-dependent synaptic development and plasticity. Birth Defects Res Part C Embryo Today. 2004 Mar;72(1):12-24.

Lauri SE, Lamsa K, Pavlov I, Riekki R, Johnson BE, Molnar E, Rauvala H, Taira T. Activity blockade increases the number of functional synapses in the hippocampus of newborn rats. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003 Jan;22(1):107-17.

Pavlov I, Voikar V, Kaksonen M, Lauri SE, Hienola A, Taira T, Rauvala H. Role of heparin-binding growth-associated molecule (HB-GAM) in hippocampal LTP and spatial learning revealed by studies on overexpressing and knockout mice. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002 Jun;20(2):330-42.

Kaksonen* M, Pavlov* I, Voikar V, Lauri SE, Hienola A, Riekki R, Lakso M, Taira T, Rauvala H. Syndecan-3-deficient mice exhibit enhanced LTP and impaired hippocampus-dependent memory. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002 Sep;21(1):158-72. (* equal contributors).

Books and book chapters:

Pavlov I.Y., Vachnenko D.V., Moskvichov D.V. (1996) Biology: textbook for the university entrants. Rostov-on-Don, Phoenix, 604 p. (2003, 6th edition) (in Russian).

Pavlov I.Y., Vachnenko D.V., Moskvichov D.V. (1996) Biology. Reference book. Rostov-on-Don - Moscow, 576 p. (In Russian).

Alperovich D., Lysenko A., Pavlov I., Povilaitite P., Matsionis A., Uskova N., Mendzheritsky A. The neuropeptidal influence on structural-functional changes in rat brain cortex under hypothermia In: Theory of Functional Systems: basics and Clinic Aspects (Eds. Lazetic B. and Sudakov K.), Novi Sad, 1998, pp.287­295.

Приглашенные лекции и семинары за последние 5 лет

Activity-dependent synaptic development and plasticity in the newborn rat hippocampus. (Institute of Neurology, University College London, UK, September 2004)

The role of GABAergic transmission in LTD of glutamatergic synapses in the newborn rat hippocampus (Invited talk at "Helsinki Life Science Today - Graduate School Science Fair",
May 24th 2004)

Using mutant mice to study synaptic plasticity (Invited talk at the symposium "Phenotypic Analysis of Transgenic Mice", May 10-12, 2001, Helsinki).

Other merits

Founder and administrator of www.neuroscience.ru - Russian Neuroscience website (2003)

Founder and administrator of www.researcher-at.ru - community website for Russian researchers working abroad (2002)

Vice-chairperson (2000) and then secretary (2001) of Finland Alumni Association Ry